The outer spherical bearing is actually a variant of the deep groove ball bearing. Its characteristic is that its outer ring outer diameter surface is a spherical surface, which can be fitted into the corresponding concave spherical surface of the bearing seat to play the role of alignment. When encountering the need to disassemble or install the outer spherical bearing, many users do not know how to do it. The following is an introduction to the installation and disassembly methods.
1. Installation of outer spherical bearing
1. Before installing the bearing on the shaft, you must first unplug the fixing pin of the bearing housing, and at the same time polish the journal surface smoothly, and apply oil to the journal to prevent rust and lubricate (allow the bearing to rotate slightly on the shaft).
2. Apply lubricating oil on the mating surface of the bearing seat and the bearing, and put the bearing into the bearing seat. Then put the assembled bearing on the shaft together with the bearing seat. Push to the desired location for installation.
3. Do not tighten the bolts that fix the bearing seat, but let the bearing housing rotate in the bearing seat. Also install the bearing and seat on the other end of the same shaft, rotate the shaft a few times, let the bearing itself automatically find its position. Then tighten the bearing seat bolts.
4. Install eccentric sleeve. Put the eccentric sleeve on the eccentric step of the bearing inner sleeve first, and tighten it by hand in the direction of rotation of the shaft. Then insert the small iron rod into or against the counterbore on the eccentric sleeve. Hit the small iron rod with a hammer in the direction of rotation of the shaft. Install the eccentric sleeve firmly, and finally tighten the hexagon socket screws on the eccentric sleeve.
2. Disassembly of the outer spherical bearing
1. Loosen the locking screw on the eccentric sleeve of the bearing with an Allen key, then insert a small iron rod into the counterbore on the eccentric sleeve of the top cover, and loosen the eccentric sleeve against the rotation direction of the shaft.
2. Loosen the bolts fixing the bearing seat. Remove the bearing together with the bearing seat from the shaft. Note that before removing the bearing seat at one end of the shaft. The bearing seat bolt at the other end of the shaft should be loosened to avoid damage to the bearings at both ends.
Before installing or disassembling the bearing, you should master some basic operating knowledge to avoid the loss caused by blind operation
Post time: Nov-19-2020